Defining Racial Justice
Proactive reinforcement of policies, practices, attitudes, and actions that produce equitable power, access, opportunities, treatment, impacts and outcomes for all.
We work to eliminate racism by addressing disparities people of color face. Through ongoing programs, conferences, events, and initiatives, our YWCA will continue to make visible the broad-based, negative and consequential effects of racism. We strive to move communities to embrace diversity and its benefits and influence policies and legislation that ensure progress.
Focus areas include:
- Policies, practices and community cultures.
- Access to education, housing, health services, loans and/or opportunities to build capital.
- Employment processes, workplace experiences, and advancement opportunities.
- Municipal, law enforcement, and court decisions and service delivery
- Easy access to and the exercise of a right to vote.
Racial Justice is accomplished through our Stand Against Racism, Courageous Conversations, Reading to End Racism, Alliance for Change, and Girls Empowered Through Meaningful Support (GEMS).
Your support means our Racial Justice initiatives can continue to be offered throughout the year.
The YWCA offers you and/or your business a unique opportunity for partnership. A sponsorship will highlight your organization’s commitment to equity and diversity in the community and expose your organization to hundreds of invited participants; and, it allows us to offer Racial Justice programming at reduced or no cost to the community.