Program Office: 914.949.6227 ext. 142
Our educational philosophy is based on our knowledge of how children develop and learn. We strive to create safe, nurturing, child-centered environments that are age-appropriate for children eight weeks to five years old. We are concerned with all aspects of a child’s development – emotional, social, physical, cognitive, creative and aesthetic. In addition, our classrooms foster an environment that encourages familiarity with, and respect for all cultures.
Infants & Toddlers
Infants and toddlers learn by experiencing the environment through their senses and by exploring their surroundings. Warm, caring teachers help infants and toddlers to develop a sense of trust and confidence through primary caregiving.
Our program for preschoolers promotes learning through the exploration of materials. Using The Creative Curriculum® as our framework for classroom learning, teacher directed and child initiated activities are included in the schedule for the day.
In all of our classes, outdoor time is part of our daily program. We offer age-appropriate lessons based on The Creative Curriculum® that build on early literacy, math and science competencies. In our classes, children are inspired through music, art, movement, literature, educational resources and materials.
In addition to what is regularly incorporated by our teaching staff into the daily curriculum, the following activities* are offered:
- Music: Weekly visits from Musical Munchkins reinforces one of the main ways a child develops language skills. Music increases children’s creative thinking and problem solving skills. Music is also just plain fun; from singing to movement and playing rhythm instruments!
- Nature of Things: The staff from “The Nature of Things” brings an array of farm and woodland animals each month to all of our classrooms, teaching them about different kinds of animals and their habitats. As one child said, “It’s the best!”
- Science Specialist: Our Pre-K students experience hand on experiments with visits from various science specialists promoting concepts and skills in science. Other science projects are lead by classroom teaching staff.
- Handwriting Without Tears Program: This multisensory technique builds a foundation of readiness in children, developing positive and consistent habits for letter formation without frustration.
- Spanish Language Program: An innovative multisensory method of teaching language (Spanish) through music, movement, chanting and singing songs. Pre-K children have an opportunity to further develop listening and phonetic skills in a fun and creative way.
- Gymnastics: Our Preschool classrooms (children ages 3 and up) participate in weekly gymnastics classes. Gymnastics develops coordination, gross-motor skills, and physical fitness.
- Swimming: Designed to orient young children to the aquatic environment and help them gain aquatic skills.
- Yoga: Develops strength and balance as children learn to support their weight in new ways.
*Note: Activities are subject to change during the course of the year.
School Calendar Program – For ages two through five
September 11, 2017 – June 15, 2018
Hours: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Early Drop Off: 7:30 am
Extended Day: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Morning classes, with extended afternoon sessions, early morning and late pick-up options are available.
Corporate Calendar Program – For infants through preschoolers
Full Year – 50 Weeks
Full Day Hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Early Drop Off: 7:30 am for an additional daily fee.